What is Google Forms?
What is Google Forms
Google Forms is a service offered by Google (company). it is an online survey app that is included in the Google Drive office suite that comes along with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. Google forms are one of the easiest ways to collect data online without much of a hassle. It provides you with a number of themes, to make the form look fancy and also a number of different controls (such as dropdown, radio button, checkbox, date picker). You can add an Excel sheet to the back-end of the form and this will gather all the data in a structured way, whenever the form is filled and submitted. Moreover, the form can be re-used by changing the responses destination, new Excel sheet. You can download the filled Excel sheet in a CSV format too.
What it Does
All you have to do is create a Google account and you can get started with Google Forms just like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets etc.
How to create a survey
- Head to google.com and login with your Google account.
- Now you can either select a template from the Template Gallery or get started from scratch by clicking on Blank (+).
- To create quizzes, click on Settings icon and select Quizzes.
- The creator of the form shares it with others, and asks them to fill it out.
- All the responses to the form are saved in an Excelfile stored in Google Drive.
- Once you're done collecting responses, you can close the form and download the results.